Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

A Shameless Plug

April is National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo). You may have heard of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), where participants write - at least attempt to write - a novel over the month of November. Well, NaPoWriMo is the same basic idea, except participants write a poem a day, every day for the month of April. I first heard about it through the poetic postings of Miss Amy Moffitt, the wonderful author of Without a Map, when she did NaPoWriMo last year. I have been looking forward to this April all year, in the hopes that she would begin posting poetry again.

Well, she has not disappointed my hopes - she has posted everyday so far, and there are already some gems. If you are not doing so already, I highly recommend that you follow her poetry as she posts this month. The first poem, which I especially like, is here. Get thee hence!

No comments:

Post a Comment